Resilience + Recovery – Preparing for Major Storms in Puerto Rico
This year’s students in subject 12.000 Solving Complex Problems were tasked with developing proposals to make recovery from future major storms in Puerto Rico faster, more sustainable and more equitable. The students presented an analysis of the threats and proposed solutions to address them in their website and final presentation.
The Terrascope Class of 2023 presented their findings and recommendations to a distinguished panel including:
- Abdon Escalera, Manager, Boys and Girls Club, Loíza, Puerto Rico
- James Gourdreau, Head of Climate, Novartis
- Jesús Edgardo Colón, Mayor, Orocovis, Puerto Rico
- Mabel Ramirez, Group Leader, Advanced Concepts and Technologies, MIT Lincoln Labs
- Patricia Crumley, President, Geoconsult, San Juan, Puerto Rico