Mission: Tradition, Technology, and Transition – Water Security on the Navajo Nation
This year’s students in subject 12.000 Solving Complex Problems were tasked with proposing solutions to water access and contamination concerns that blend cutting-edge technology with traditional Navajo practices and culture. The students presented an analysis of the threats and proposed solutions to address them in their website and final presentation.
Mission 2022 students presented their findings and recommendations to a distinguished panel including:
- Professor Karletta Chief, University of Arizona
- Brandon Francis, Research Technician, New Mexico State University
- Jason John, Principal Hydrologist, Navajo Nation Department of Water Resources
- Dr. Bob Nanes, Director, MIT D-LAB
- Emma Robbins, American Projects Director, DigDeep